Image Map

Sunday, September 25, 2016

My Daughter's Bedroom Makeover Reveal

Today I'm excited to share the bedroom makeover I gave my oldest daughter's bedroom. Her room before, had a soft color palette and was very representative of her at 8 years old. Almost 5 years later, she was ready to update her room to make it a space that is reflective of her, now, as she enters her teenage years. We talked about how she envisioned her new room looking and she told me her only requests were more color and elephants. Apparently, she is obsessed with elephants right now! I was not sure how I would incorporate elephants into her space, but I promised her I would try. I decided I wanted to wallpaper the interior of the trimmed out box, behind her bed. She loved that idea and we began searching for the perfect pattern. When we stumbled upon this floral beauty, we knew it was the right choice. I used it as the jumping off point for the rest of the design. Take a look at how the space came together. 


A larger dresser with more storage space was a must for my little fashionista!

Elephant accessories make my girl happy. 


I picked this fun yellow and white fabric for the custom made bed skirt.

Custom blue and white drapery, helps finish off the space.


I added pin board with a cool, retro vibe for her to hang pictures and notes on.

The Indigo Kantha quilt gives the space a little hint of bohemian flare. 

The new brass swing arm sconces provide the perfect lighting for by bookworm's nightly reading.


Elephant bookends that are cute and chic!


My daughter's newly transformed space truly reflects her personality. As she is maturing, she is coming out of her shell and I am seeing this fun, silly, outgoing and vibrant personality starting to emerge. I loved my daughter's old room, but what I love about the changes we made is that she feels at home in her new room. Nothing make me happier than knowing she and I created a space, together, and that she loves every inch of it. :)

SHOP THIS ROOM
(Click on the image below to be taken directly to the source. Scroll through to see all the items.)