Image Map

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sita Montgomery Interiors: My Home - Lighting Update

I'm back today to share another little change we have made to our home as part of our #smihomeupdates2015. If you have been following me on Instagram or are regular reader of blog, you have already seen many of the changes we have made to our home this year. A few weeks ago, I shared a little peak of my new island pendant light. Today I'm sharing pictures of all the new lighting fixtures we have added to the great room area of our home. 

I loved so many of the light fixtures the builder put in our home, but there were also a few I really didn't love. I had the builder switch a few of them out before we closed on the house, but as we started making changes to our home this year, I knew that I wanted to switch up the lighting to be more cohesive with the style the home had taken on with my designs. 

I truly believe that good lighting is one of the best investments you can make in your home. I always encourage my clients to leave plenty of room in their budgets for statement making lighting. I have never had a client regret doing so. The lighting changes I made in my home have really transformed the space. The great room feels much more cohesive now. Take a look.


 These gorgeous pendants are perfect in my kitchen. The picture does not do them justice! I also switched out my brushed nickel cabinet hardware for antique brass. This really helped bring the kitchen and the lighting together.


The fixture above my stairwell was replaced by this beautiful piece. I'm sure many of you are familiar  with this pendant light and have seen it many times before, but there is a reason it is so widely loved. It is a showstopper in every space I've ever seen it in, and hanging in my stairwell is no exception!


This 9 light chandelier from Hudson Valley has been on my radar since the first time I saw it. I knew it would be the perfect light for over my round dining table. Again, it is so much more gorgeous in person!


The new fixtures blend seamlessly with the pendant light that I already had in my entry. 


I am so pleased with how all the new lighting looks in my home. It truly has helped transform the look of my main floor. A huge thank you to Lighting Design, who helped me with selecting and ordering the new lighting for my kitchen. They were so helpful and professional. They also happen to have an incredible selection of lighting for every space in your home, that will also fit every budget. Lighting Design is a great resource for your lighting needs. You can go visit one of their showrooms or on the web at lightingdesign.com.

Later this week, I'll be sharing a round up of my favorite statement making lighting in a variety of finishes and price points, so be sure to check back. You won't want to miss it!